The Gift

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Upside Down Drawing

Hey there!

I am in an art class, and I am learning some really cool tips for drawing. It is so simple everyone can do it! I hate it when I find an awesome picture and then want to draw it, but when I am in the middle get so frustrated that I just quit all together! But now with the few tricks my teacher taught me, I can draw with ease.



These pictures are a just a sample of what I am doing. He is having us draw from master drawings, which are artists like Rembrandt, Rubens, and Michelangelo. It is much easier then it seems. I have founds some photos that are upside down, I would like you to try and draw them as you see them. The reason we do this is because our brains remember simple shapes, and when drawing if we see an eye, our brain knows the shape and draws what it remembers. When drawing upside down, it tricks your mind and it is easier to draw.


This one is simple, just draw what you see. start with simple shapes such as the back end of the horse, or the legs.


This one is more difficult, but you can do it. This is tricking your mind on what you see.


This last one is pretty famous, I have never tried this one myself but maybe I will sometime.



I hope you liked this, and I hope it made sense. For those who draw and have a hard time getting it right, this will help very much.

I am working on this one, don't worry you don't have to do this one, I did this upside down! cool huh!?


This is my current one, I will show you when it is finished!


Hope you enjoyed! Have fun!

-M


3 comments:

  1. OMGOODNESS!! How are you not a famous artist yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Sorry I've been doing a horrible job of keeping up with your blog, I need to follow it on blogger or something. But still, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete