Hey!
So how is everyone? I haven't done an art class for awhile so I thought I would do something for ya'll. So this is something that I always struggled with, drawing eyes. They are so complex that most of the eyes I draw look more like a cartoon eye than a real eye. This eye is not that realistic but I did my best. So for starters I will say a few things...You do not need to use the specific pencils that I use, they can get expensive.
My goal is just to show you how I do it, you can do it different and that's great and if you have tips let everyone know in the comments.
Do not on any circumstances get angry while drawing. I do that more then need be. You must might ruin something you worked very hard on. If you feel flustered take a breather and go outside, put your sketch book away. Nothing good comes from being angry.
Every human eye is different, it varies from person to person. If your eye does not look like the one I did, it might look like someone else's eye.
Ok enough of me blabbering, time to sketch!
I am using toned paper, you can find this pretty much anywhere. I got mine at Michaels but I think you can get them at Walmart for cheaper.
Start with the simple shape of the eye. Depending on the expression, the shape will change.
Add the shape of the iris. Note that your eye is round, think of it as a marble.
Then draw in the pupil and leave a space for the light reflection.
This is the white charcoal pencil I use, I got it at Michaels for five dollars for a twin pack.
Draw some light on the pupil and outside the iris. Your eye is shinny and glossy, it will always have a reflection.
Now use a black charcoal pencil for the shadows. Be careful where you put it, it does stain clothes and does not erase very well.
Use the charcoal and draw in the pupil and draw on the shadowed parts, but remember do not put the black all over because the bottom lid catches most of the light.
Start to add some details in the iris. Add some more light if needed.
Now add your lid crease on the top and bottom. I fill in the tear ducks in black because they usually have shadow. Put light on the bottom lid as it normally would be.
Start with a light trace of the eye brow.
Use the black charcoal and put some simple lines underneath the eye brow only at the beginning of the brow.
Thicken the eye brow with some strong lines, and put lashes on. Give them some light because they do catch some of the light. Do top and bottom.
And there you go, your finished project! Tell me how you did in the comments!
Have fun!
-M
I learned the clothes staining part the hard way...and on a new shirt too...trust me when I say it does not come out.
ReplyDelete