Hey!
So how is everyone? Time for an art lesson,So I have been working on profiles, and I have been stumbling on the shadow. They can seem to be very hard, but really they super simple. Here are a few tips I have for you on shadows...
- Find a shape in the shadows, use that basic shape to shadow the face. When I say find the shape I mean that you need to see if any shadows connect and if so then they make a bigger shape themselves. Here is a photo of a plaster cast, see if you can find any big basic shadow shapes.
- Once you have the basic shadow shapes, start to draw them in more details, give the shapes some volume.
- Make sure you do not over do the shadows. I have done that and its not easy to undo. Start with very light pencil markers and get darker if needed.
So there you go, I hope this helped. I am sure I could have explained this better...
-M


No comments:
Post a Comment