So I was thinking of some things I could post. I came up with the idea of an awesome ice cream recipe I made myself. CHOCOLATE STRAWBERY ICE CREAM! This recipe contains no added sugars and is healthier than most ice creams.
YUMM!
Ingredients:
- 2 cups (16 oz. or a whole bag) of FROZEN strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 7 dark chocolate pieces
(this recipe makes about 30-40 oz. (about 5 cups) of ice cream.)
Yes, it is a very simple recipe. Now a few things:
Having FROZEN strawberries is very important. If you do not have frozen straw berries you can freeze your own. I would recommend slice in them up before you freeze them it makes them easier to blend. Next- you don't have to use whole milk. I usually use vanilla almond milk because, it is healthy and tastes good in ice cream. Last but not least, the chocolate, I used dove chocolate because they come in individually wrapped pieces and it makes it easier to blend. You also don't have to use dark chocolate. If you want something a little sweeter use milk chocolate.
Ok first things first your going to want to grind up your 7 chocolate pieces. You do this first and then you are going to place your chocolate to the side when your done. If you don't want it very chunky, and you don't want to be eating just chunks of chocolate then grind it finer.
NOTE: Make sure you don't grind it to fine or you won't be able to taste it.
This is about how fine I made mine. Like very small gravel. You can go a bit smaller but, remember not to small or you won't taste the chocolate. Don't forget to set it off to the side. You will add it later.
Next! Once you have first ground your chocolate, then its time for the fun part. Take your strawberries and your milk. Add them to your blender and blend them thoroughly. You may notice that it is very thick or its more strawberries than anything else. That's fine! Just add more milk. Continue to add more milk until it is blended smoothly.
Like I said you don't have to use whole milk. I would recommend using vanilla almond milk, it adds more flavor and sweetens it a bit.
Now! Once you have blended your milk and strawberries together you will have ice cream! Yay you did it! You made ice cream! But your not done yet, because we are not making strawberry ice cream but, CHOCOLATE strawberry ice cream. Now take your ground chocolate an add it to your ice cream. Now what I am about to say next is very important. When you add this and turn on your blender, only bend until mixed! Do not blend for to long, or your chocolate will be ground up and you wont be able to taste it! Once you have don't this you have your Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream!
You can eat this right after you make it or you can put it into your freezer. (I ate mine right after...) When you put this ice cream into the freezer it will not freeze into a block. don't worry. Since you made it with milk it will be fine. If you had used water instead because, you don't have milk, (or for some other reason) then it would freeze up in an unwanted manner.
So there you have it! That's all for today! Comment and tell me what you think! How did it turn out for you? Did it taste ok?
Stay awesome internet! Bye lovelies!






Looks good! I will try it sometime!
ReplyDelete