Hey! I gave a sneak peek for this in my last post. These are not my pictures, but I did do everything in this order.
This can be a bit expensive, but I think I got everything for about 25-30 dollars. The Ping Pong balls are the only thing you will have to buy.
Let's get started!
I had 3 strings of 100 lights, so I bought 300 lights. I found a pack of 144 on Amazon, so I bought 2 pack and then another dozen to add up to 300.
Now use a small pocket knife or use as shown in the picture an Exacto knife to cut a small X in the ping pong ball. Make it big enough to fit over the light and its hold.
Take some white lights or any colored lights you want. I am using white because it I am putting them up in my room all year round. To me they look like little lanterns.
Now slide the Ping pong balls onto the lights and ta-da! You're done! Doesn't it look amazing? You may have already seen this somewhere but I love it, and think it was worth to do.
I did mine in one morning, in between my classes. I think altogether it took me a few hours to do. The longest part was making the X's on the balls.
Well, I hope you enjoyed!
-M




No comments:
Post a Comment