Hey guys!
For the longest time I could not figure out how to make a cootie catcher. A friend showed me how a while back, we had so much fun decorating them on sleepovers and such. I haven't made one in a long time. I thought maybe you guys would like to see how it's made, if you already know how to make on, then skip it and move along. :) I am going to decorate it as well and show you where you are to do certain things...
Step 1 : Making the cootie catcher.
Things you will need are...
- one piece of paper, any color and any size.
- Scissors
Start with this one piece of paper, that's all you will need.
Fold the paper into a triangle, so when you cut off the extra there will be a perfect square.
Cut off the extra, you won't need it so just throw it away.
Once it's cut off there should be a crease in the middle. Keep it, don't try and smooth it out. The creases will help, and are a big part of the cootie catcher.
Fold in half again, but the other way so there will be an X.
Flip paper over so it's on the inside. Fold a small triangle, the point needs to be touching the mid point.
Do this to the rest to the sides.
Flip it on the backside to the folded parts are tucked under.
Do the same thing as before, fold the small triangles to the center. Don't worry if its getting smaller, if you used really small paper, then you might want to do this again if its really to small.
Fold in half and in half again on both sides to make it more flexible.
Tada! It's all done! you can stop here if you want, but it's really not completely done. You still need to decorate it.
Step two: Decoration
The next step is super simple and is more up for your imagination.
What you will need is...
- Markers
Ok, last part.
- Your imagination
You can unfold it if you want but I always start with it still folded.
Choose what you want the topic to be, and make the words big enough to be seen. Color then in if you want, I did but I didn't think you wanted to see a million pictures of my cootie catcher.
On the back put numbers, 1-8.
Under the numbers, I put either truth or dare.
And there, your cootie catcher is complete. Have fun!
-M
No comments:
Post a Comment